Page MenuHomePhabricator

Some URLs seem to get replaced with [##############2] when written in notes and responses.
Open, Stalled, LowPublic

Description

It has been reported that in some articles, URLs get replaced with [#####] characters.

After some testing by @pajz, it seems like OTRS' URL formatting breaks when, despite shortening the URL, it still doesn't fit in one line (lines in notes have a fixed width) because the URL is part of a long string. This looks like a non-issue for Western languages because words/symbols/URLs are separated from other words/symbols/URLs by empty spaces, so there's no good reason why the URL wouldn't fit in one line: OTRS always shortens the URL to a length that fits comfortably in one line, and there should always be a breaking space very close to the <...> brackets. But it's apparently a problem in Japanese because it seems normal there that a URL would directly follow (many) other characters (without an empty space next to it)

Event Timeline

akosiaris raised the priority of this task from to Low.
akosiaris updated the task description. (Show Details)
akosiaris added a project: OTRS.
akosiaris added subscribers: akosiaris, pajz.
akosiaris moved this task from Incoming to Backlog on the OTRS board.Feb 12 2016, 4:56 PM
pajz added a subscriber: Krenair.Apr 29 2016, 12:53 PM

Closed upstream as non-reproducible ("if possible please test it in a fresh installation"). @akosiaris (or perhaps @Krenair?), do we still have a test installation of OTRS 5 from the upgrade that could possibly be used for trying to reproduce this?

Restricted Application added a subscriber: TerraCodes. · View Herald TranscriptApr 29 2016, 12:53 PM

Closed upstream as non-reproducible ("if possible please test it in a fresh installation"). @akosiaris (or perhaps @Krenair?), do we still have a test installation of OTRS 5 from the upgrade that could possibly be used for trying to reproduce this?

sqlite> select route.domain, backend.url from route, project, backend where route.project_id = project.id and route.id = backend.route_id and project.name = 'otrs';
otrs-test.wmflabs.org.|http://otrs-test.eqiad.wmflabs:80
otrs-test-prodversion.wmflabs.org.|http://otrs-test.eqiad.wmflabs:80
otrs-oneclickspam.wmflabs.org.|http://otrs-oneclickspam-test.otrs.eqiad.wmflabs:80
otrs-memoryleak.wmflabs.org.|http://otrs-memoryleak.otrs.eqiad.wmflabs:80

I set up the first two which run 3.3.9 and 3.2.14. I don't know about the others (my root@localhost password does not appear to work on them - maybe one of the other otrs projectadmins made those) but they appear to be using OTRS 5.

otrs-oneclickspam.wmflabs.org.|http://otrs-oneclickspam-test.otrs.eqiad.wmflabs:80

I set that instance up. You're welcome to use it if you need, I can set up an account.

pajz added a comment.May 1 2016, 8:32 PM

Thanks, but fortunately the upstream ticket has just been reopened after another developer was able to reproduce it. So hopefully we can save the extra effort.

Thanks, but fortunately the upstream ticket has just been reopened after another developer was able to reproduce it. So hopefully we can save the extra effort.

That looks great.

For what is worth

otrs-memoryleak.wmflabs.org.|http://otrs-memoryleak.otrs.eqiad.wmflabs:80

is mine and is used to reproduce the memory leak in T126448, unsuccessfully up to now.

Upstream bug marked as resolved, fix slated to be deployed in OTRS 6.0.0.

Josve05a changed the task status from Open to Stalled.Sep 20 2017, 10:16 PM
Josve05a added a subscriber: Josve05a.

Waiting for OTRS 6.0.0 deployment.

Krinkle renamed this task from Some URLs seem to get replaced with [###########################################################################2] when written in notes and responses. to Some URLs seem to get replaced with [##############2] when written in notes and responses. .Jun 6 2019, 10:21 AM