We are looking to order more labstore machines, but Dell states that we cannot use an older H800 controller card in the new R430 line to drive the older MD1200 shelves. They advise we need to use the new controller, and then a third party, unsupported cable.
As onsite, @Cmjohnson will do the following:
- Allocate a new spare R430 system temporarily for this test.
- Install an H800 controller card into a spare R430 system.
- Install/setup system with jessie
- attempt to use disk shelf within the OS
- outline results and tests
- Leave system online so other opsen can run additional tests.
- Leave system attached and ensure there are no other tests that can be performed before returning to spares.
- Once confirmed there are no other tests, wipe and return parts to spares.