Page MenuHomePhabricator

Migrate all old DB rows from windows-1252 to UTF-8 on dawiktionary
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Event Timeline

Change 383012 had a related patch set uploaded (by Zoranzoki21; owner: Zoranzoki21):
[operations/mediawiki-config@master] Migrate all old DB rows from windows-1252 to UTF-8 on several wikis:

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/383012

Change 383012 abandoned by Zoranzoki21:
Migrate all old DB rows from windows-1252 to UTF-8 on several wikis:

Reason:
I will abandon this change. Told me please to restore this patch, if it will be need. Sorry for much emails about this.

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/383012

Before running the script:

mysql:research@s3-analytics-replica.eqiad.wmnet [dawiktionary]> select old_flags, count(*) from text group by old_flags limit 50;
+---------------------+----------+
| old_flags           | count(*) |
+---------------------+----------+
|                     |     1818 |
| external,utf-8      |    17220 |
| external,utf8       |     3744 |
| gzip                |        5 |
| object              |     2382 |
| utf-8,gzip          |     1631 |
| utf-8,gzip,external |   278507 |
+---------------------+----------+
7 rows in set (0.597 sec)
mysql:research@s3-analytics-replica.eqiad.wmnet [dawiktionary]> select old_flags, count(*) from text group by old_flags limit 50;
+---------------------+----------+
| old_flags           | count(*) |
+---------------------+----------+
| external,utf-8      |    17220 |
| external,utf8       |     3744 |
| gzip,utf-8,external |        5 |
| utf-8,gzip,external |   284338 |
+---------------------+----------+
4 rows in set (0.571 sec)

We got lucky, all have been cleaned up at the same of moving out of text table. We can drop legacy encoding in dawiktionary

Change 924885 had a related patch set uploaded (by Ladsgroup; author: Amir Sarabadani):

[operations/mediawiki-config@master] Remove legacy encoding option from dawiktionary

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/924885

We got lucky, all have been cleaned up at the same of moving out of text table. We can drop legacy encoding in dawiktionary

🎉

Change 924885 merged by jenkins-bot:

[operations/mediawiki-config@master] Remove legacy encoding option from dawiktionary

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/924885

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2023-05-31T17:17:11Z] <ladsgroup@deploy1002> Started scap: Backport for [[gerrit:924885|Remove legacy encoding option from dawiktionary (T128155)]]

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2023-05-31T17:18:42Z] <ladsgroup@deploy1002> ladsgroup: Backport for [[gerrit:924885|Remove legacy encoding option from dawiktionary (T128155)]] synced to the testservers: mwdebug2002.codfw.wmnet, mwdebug2001.codfw.wmnet, mwdebug1002.eqiad.wmnet, mwdebug1001.eqiad.wmnet

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2023-05-31T17:30:05Z] <ladsgroup@deploy1002> Finished scap: Backport for [[gerrit:924885|Remove legacy encoding option from dawiktionary (T128155)]] (duration: 12m 54s)

Ladsgroup moved this task from In progress to Done on the DBA board.

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2023-06-07T12:46:43Z] <Amir1> mwscript maintenance/storage/moveToExternal.php --iconv DB cluster27 on dawiktionary and svwiktionary (T128155 and T128156)