- public-wiki-rewrites.incl applied.
- review comments at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/273410/2/modules/openstack/templates/kilo/wikitech.wikimedia.org.erb
- /w/static.php exists (operations/mediawiki-config up to date on wikitech?)
- Multiversion works on wikitech.
- $IP/resources/assets/poweredby_mediawiki_88x31.png exists on-disk.
These all turn out fine, except for the patch itself. While the lines it adds are fine, it should have changed/removed a few redundant lines that are incompatible with assumptions we made based on how all other wikis are configured.
Dumping $_SERVER on wikitech for https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/w/resources/assets/poweredby_mediawiki_88x31.png shows that request URI and script name are identical:
["REQUEST_URI"]=> string(49) "/w/resources/assets/poweredby_mediawiki_88x31.png" ["SCRIPT_NAME"]=> string(49) "/w/resources/assets/poweredby_mediawiki_88x31.png"
On MediaWiki app servers, the latter would be /w/static.php. This most likely caused due to the odd Alias /w config on wikitech, or some other inconsistency with Apache or PHP.
Yeah, so that was the issue.
On silver (Apache, mod_php5, Zend PHP 5.5), $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] is set to the request url unless PT (pass-through) is used for the rewrite url.
On regular app servers (Apache in front of an HHVM server), it works fine either way.
Broken again (still?).
GET https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/w/resources/assets/poweredby_mediawiki_88x31.png 404 (Not Found)
Actually, I was going to re-open this task, but hard-refresh made it to work... probably the cache headers are/were unfavorable, just FYI.