I tried to load all links on User:Od Mishehu/river stubs/M - and got no results. This page loads just fine on Wikipedia; and if I replace the M with other letters - AWB has no problem loading the list.
The API isn't returning any results
My guess is that the database pagelinks table wasn't populated with the links from that page for some reason. A normal purge doesn't fix that, but an API action=purge with forcelinkupdate will. So will a null edit, usually.
As for why the database table wasn't populated, I have no idea. That happens occasionally, but we can never reproduce it so it's nearly impossible to figure out what's going on.