We're currently at an early alpha from several months ago. Need to upgrade to 1.2, with our uidenforcer patch on top.
|Resolved||• yuvipanda||T129309 Goal: Allow using k8s instead of GridEngine as a backend for webservices|
|Open||None||T129311 Setup a proper deployment strategy for Kubernetes|
|Resolved||• yuvipanda||T130972 Upgrade to Kubernetes 1.2|
The plan is:
- Prepare all config changes and what not needed to upgrade, stage as puppet patches that haven't been merged yet.
- Stop the 3 services on the master (apiserver, controller-manager, scheduler)
- Install new master binaries in new locations with new scripts, and document it!
- Merge puppet patch that moves the systemd units to start from new location (/usr/local/bin rather than the current /usr/bin)
- Merge puppet patch that changes the format of config that is needed to change (just ABAC right now, I think)
- Start the master, verify if everything seems to be working fine
- Stop kubelet and kubeproxy in one node, and deploy using new scripts
- Merge systemd path change puppet patch
- Start kubelet & kubeproxy, verify it all works
- Deploy kubeproxy on the proxy nodes
- Check kube2proxy on the proxy nodes to make sure they work fine.