Collaboration between @Capt_Swing and @Flipover. Goal is to understand how the behavior of Teahouse guests and hosts has changed over time. Findings can inform the design of new editor support tools and community projects.
- Insights into the quality of service provided at the Teahouse can help us understand the long-term sustainability and effectiveness of Teahouse-like community-driven new editor support forums.
- Insights into the kinds of questions new editors ask at the Teahouse can help us understand the primary issues that new editors face, and perhaps even yield a sense of priority/proportionality between (for example) technical issues vs interpersonal struggles vs policy issues... to the extent that these things can ever be separated on wiki ;)
Timeline (from April 1 2018):
Reviewers have noted that the limitations of the study could be ameliorated by including interview data to contextualize and support the conclusions. 4 interviews have already been completed; we need to perform at least 2-3 more before submitting to CSCW 2018.
- send invites to 8 more Teahouse hosts
- draft updated interview protocol
- interview hosts
- update manuscript with new interview findings
- submit abstract to CSCW 2018 (deadline: April 16)
- submit manuscript to CSCW 2018 (deadline: April 19)
- final revisions to accepted manuscript
- secure OA release rights
- submit camera-ready
- publish preprint to SOCARKIV