Currently, there is no communication for the user that clearly states why the Language button is faded out.
Let's show a simple toast message tapping on the faded button which describes why the button is faded.
- When the page isn't available in other languages and the user clicks the languages button, then they should see a toast explaining so
- There exists an acceptance test exercising this behaviour
Suggested testbed, portrait and landscape, LTR & RTL:
- Android 2.3 Browser phone form factor
- Android 4.x/5.x/6.x Chrome phone form factor
- Android 4.x/5.x/6.x Chrome tablet form factor
- iOS 9.3 iPhone
- iOS 9.3 iPad
- Opera mobile (not mini) Android 4+ phone form factor
- UC browser (not mini) Android 4+ phone form factor
- Windows 7.5 Phone IE
- Desktop Firefox
- Desktop Chrome
- Desktop Safari
- Internet Explorer 11
Note that iOS 8.4 is out of scope while device / testing service available, but iOS 9.3 is pretty close to iOS 8.4 for layout.