SVG files can be svelte and fast, but they can also be huge and overly detailed or inefficiently structured, so a similar appearance can result in either a small or large file.
For performance reasons we want SVGs that we might render client-side T5593 to be small and fast.
Possible automatable tools:
- display the actual transfer size as modifications are made! (post-gzipped)
- strip comments/whitespace (minification)
- trim unnecessary digit precision on coordinates
- rewriting paths to use fewer points
- eliminating detail that will never be seen in context
External tools for various optimization tasks: