Page MenuHomePhabricator

Language code problem at nowiki for Yandex.Translate engine
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

The Yandex.Translate engine is just now enabled for nowiki. As a first attempt on testing I translated w:en:Weststar Aviation (Malaysia) into Norwegian Bokmål. First I started from the sidebar in English, and the throbber continued pulsing with no action. Then I tried to open the page from w:no:Special:Contributions, and the same happen there. Then I inspected the url and found that it used the "nb" language code, and I changd it to "no", and then it let me translate the first paragraph. Final url was like this.

Might be related to T132217, T132435, and T134219

Event Timeline

Also translated Pradons from dewiki and Tecumseh (Nebraska) to see if the behavior were consistent, which it was.

Amire80 triaged this task as Medium priority.May 19 2016, 4:49 PM
Amire80 moved this task from Needs Triage to CX9 on the ContentTranslation board.
Amire80 added a project: WorkType-Maintenance.
Nikerabbit closed this task as Resolved.EditedJun 7 2016, 7:41 AM
Nikerabbit claimed this task.
Nikerabbit added a subscriber: Nikerabbit.

I am marking this one resolved. We now always rewrite no to nb as part of fixing T132217: Machine translation in Content translation from nowiki to nnwiki broken so this problem cannot exist anymore. Please re-open with details if you disagree.