Reports of progress made for the GSoC project (T130574) during the Community Bonding phase.
- On IRC (#codesniffer), May 5
- On Phabricator (Z408), May 16.
- Complete weekly progress reports on (T134721) before the weekly meeting.
- Weekly meeting on （Z408）at Saturday 02:00 UTC (Proposed just for now, awaiting confirmation from mentors).
Meeting requests will have: (i) A task for the agenda, (ii) A Calendar event on phabricator, and (iii) A google calendar request.
- Read through the source code of Mediawiki codesniffer project.
- Set up the PHP Codesniffer development environment (including Git).
- Confirmed the project plan with mentor. Nothing changed in the plan.
- Created the weekly reports task (T134721).
- Created the project task (T135966).
- Submitted some patches to the project (have been done before admitted to the project).
- Read through the required documents like Developer Guide, etc.
- Learnt how to use Phabricator and IRC to collaborate with mentors and members.
- Learnt using the PHPUnit unit-testing tool.
- Had a deeper and more complete understand on the PHP Codesniffer framework.
Midterm review: Minimum viable product
The MVP should have implemented all of the following:
- Clean up and improve current codebase.
- Fix the problem in detecting the illegal format of comments like /*** fail ***/.
- Fix the problem of an unexpected empty line shows up after closing the open brace of a function.
- Create a sniff that will give warning for detecting function or variable named with lower camelcase style.
- Create a sniff that will check if the source code using PHP superglobals like $_GET, $_POST, etc.
- Create a fix method for adding a new line before a single-line comment.