We need to understand the underlying problem why it is currently not possible to include tables when rendering PDF.
- How does the rendering currently work?
- Why are tables skipped?
- What are the table types that exist in pdfs? (some of them might be mentioned in the tasks in T73808: Support tables in PDF rendering (tracking))
- Is this the same issue as trying to download a book in pdf format? (see )
- Are there other template types that don't get supported as well? (see)
For investigating the situation in general, T134205: Options for browser-based server-side PDF generation might be interesting, too.
- A general estimation of how hard it is to change something in the pdf template (i.e. what needs / should be done)
If manipulating the pdf template is a doable amount of work:
- An estimate of the differences between table in pdf and table in book problems
- A table with all table / template types that would have to be tackled, with the following info:
- table / template name
- rough estimate how often that type is used
- rough estimate how much work it is to implement it