- Name of tool/project: Tool Labs console (Striker)
- Project home page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Tech/Tool_Labs_support/Tool_Labs_vision
- Name of team requesting review: Community-Tech-Tool-Labs Toolforge
- Primary contact: @bd808
- Target date for deployment: "as soon as it's ready", June/July 2016
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://github.com/bd808/striker
Description of the tool/project
Django-based web interface for management of Tool Labs related workflows.
The initial deployable application will:
- Authenticate to LDAP using auth bind
- Authenticate to SUL wikis using OAuth
- Communicate with Phabricator using conduit APIs
- Store association of LDAP, SUL and Phabricator accounts in local database
- Create Diffusion hosted git repositories associated with Tool Labs tools
This will eventually be the single point of management for:
- Becoming a member of the Tool Labs project
- Creating new tool accounts
- Managing tool account membership
- Creating git repos related to tools
- Managing metadata related to tools
- T134188: Create application that allows associating a LDAP account with a SUL account
- T133252: Create application "Striker" to manage Diffusion repositories for a Tool Labs project
- T128158: Tools web interface for tool authors (Brainstorming ticket)
- Project roadmap
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
See tool description.
Because this system will authenticate with LDAP and eventually edit some LDAP data it must be deployed in the WMF production network where it is safe to collect LDAP passwords and the LDAP editing credentials can be secured.
Various Python libraries (full list in requirements.txt):
Has this project been reviewed before?
Working test environment
- Demo site at http://striker.wmflabs.org/
- MediaWiki-Vagrant role: striker (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/290156)