- A resolved topic displays 'Reply' area and a user is able to start typing a reply to a resolved topic - no indication that replies cannot be saved.
- Only after clicking on 'Reply' button the warning appears: "This topic is resolved, so further activity is not possible."
- clicking on Cancel will bring the irrelevant VE popup about 'Continue editing' or 'Discard changes'
- Mentioned In
- T135268: [betalabs] "Request to parsoid for 'wikitext' to 'html' conversion failed" for for any edits
- Mentioned Here
- T108762: Notify users who are editing protected flow content
rEFLW5f6d32ebc1cb: Disable submit buttons if we know the user can't edit
T136666: Resolved topics display a textbox to reply while replies are collapsed
This is an unintended consequence of rEFLW5f6d32ebc1cb: Disable submit buttons if we know the user can't edit and T108762: Notify users who are editing protected flow content (e.g. F2568115).
The basic idea is to still show the reply box when they can't reply, but warn them when they click inside.
However, I also wanted to remove reply from the actions list, since the main point of that list is for the API to tell you what actions are allowed. (Showing disabled reply forms is a UI choice that ideally should not be reflected in the API.).
Thus, I unconditionally showed the reply form.
However, that didn't take into account the Resolved case (where before it didn't show). To be consistent with this approach, we could either:
- Show the reply box for Resolved, but have an explanation when you click inside.
- Hide it for Resolved (hopefully a little more elegantly, maybe a showReply flag).
- Revisit the whole approach of showing disabled fields with on-click warnings.