- there is no wmf/ branch for this repository, only a master branch
- there is no way only cloning the wikimedia/portals repository to know what's deployed
- the operations/mediawiki-config contains a submodule entry for wikimedia/portals
Problem is we need to query information from one repo to know what's currently deployed on the servers.
This is peculiar: for any other config repo, the master or production branch for puppet is what's deployed, for any code repo, the wmf branch is what's deployed.
I suggest we devise how to fix that. Some solutions:
- Don't merge before deployment, probably the easiest
- Add a wmf branch we can rebase to last deployed version
- Tag last deployed version with "production" Git tag