Page MenuHomePhabricator

Citoid mistakes publication date for author on clarksvilleonline.com
Closed, DeclinedPublic

Description

See the end of this Citoid output. Citoid is mistaking the publication date of the article (November 13, 2014) for the authors.

Reported upstream to here: https://github.com/zotero/translators/issues/1165

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a project: VisualEditor. · View Herald TranscriptJun 4 2016, 11:20 AM
Restricted Application added subscribers: Zppix, Aklapper. · View Herald Transcript
Jdforrester-WMF renamed this task from Citoid mistakes publication date for author to Citoid mistakes publication date for author on clarksvilleonline.com.Jul 19 2016, 7:19 PM
Jdforrester-WMF triaged this task as Lowest priority.
Jdforrester-WMF moved this task from To Triage to Freezer on the VisualEditor board.
Mvolz added a subscriber: Mvolz.Sep 19 2016, 5:05 PM

This is a Zotero issue.

I tried entering another article from the same website clarksville.com only to come to the same result; the author is still mistaken for the date. Here is my output from citoid.wikimedia.org

I understand that it's scraping the wrong metadata here, but I don't where in the backend to correct this problem.
Does a new translator need to be coded for the page (because it doesn't exist in the github library)? If not, then where do I begin to make corrections to the code?

I also put a random article link into citoid.wikimedia.org to yield this. This website has been scraped perfectly, without ever needing its own translator.

Which brings me to the point of where to begin correcting this problem
Thanks

Mvolz added a comment.Oct 16 2016, 8:51 AM

I tried entering another article from the same website clarksville.com only to come to the same result; the author is still mistaken for the date. Here is my output from citoid.wikimedia.org

I understand that it's scraping the wrong metadata here, but I don't where in the backend to correct this problem.
Does a new translator need to be coded for the page (because it doesn't exist in the github library)? If not, then where do I begin to make corrections to the code?

I also put a random article link into citoid.wikimedia.org to yield this. This website has been scraped perfectly, without ever needing its own translator.

Which brings me to the point of where to begin correcting this problem
Thanks

As noted here: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T137019#2649107

This is an issue with the Zotero translator, so it needs to be reported as a bug to Zotero: https://github.com/zotero/translators/issues

Mvolz added a comment.EditedOct 16 2016, 9:09 AM

If you try installing https://github.com/zotero/translation-server and then do a sample curl request for the url, you'll be able to see it as coming directly from Zotero.

It's a bit confusing using the citoid.wikimedia.org endpoint because it contains data from Zotero AND citoid if you're debugging Zotero issues. Better to query Zotero directly.

Mvolz moved this task from Site specific issues to Zotero on the Citoid board.Oct 28 2016, 1:41 PM
Mvolz updated the task description. (Show Details)Oct 28 2016, 2:08 PM
Mvolz closed this task as Declined.Oct 29 2016, 11:41 AM