This task tracks copying the graphite data from labmon's current old disks to the new SSDs once they arrive (tracked in T137724).
The process should be:
- - Notify labs-l mailing list and set topic on Cloud-Services IRC channel
- - Stop statsite/graphite/carbon-relay on labmon so it stops writing to the graphite data. Ensure and verify these are all stopped.
- - Rsync the data from /srv/carbon/whisper to the external HDD connected to the machine
- - Install SSDs - T138415
- - Re-install the operating system (Jessie) and re-provision the machine (with same role *and* hostname)
- - Stop the new statsite/graphite/carbon-relay on labmon so we don't start accepting new data yet
- - Clean out the new data we've accumulated in the short time between puppet starting the services and us stopping them
- - Rsync the data back
- - Make sure the data is owned appropriately by user _graphite and group carbon-c-relay
- - Start the services back up
- - Verify new data is coming in
- - deal with issue of graphite working at first, but now not displaying content (no error page, just file download prompt)
- - PARTY!