The beta cluster wiki databases are hosted on deployment-db1 and deployment-db2. They are Ubuntu Precise hosts and as such come with version 5.5.34+maria-1~precise.
One will want to create a couple Jessie instances and conduct the database migrations to the new hosts.
Rough plan mostly going under the responsibility / leadership of Release-Engineering-Team
- find an owner inside Release-Engineering-Team
- create new Jessie instances with role::mariadb::beta
- apply role::labs::lvm::srv for disk space?
- prepare puppet.git and mediawiki-config.git patches to change the IP addresses
- figure out potential impacts
- schedule a maintenance window with @jcrespo
- stop database and pair with @jcrespo providing context / monitoring etc
- resume service and verify