Page MenuHomePhabricator

Archive #Gitblit-Deprecate
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Once the last remaining task is closed Gitblit-Deprecate can be archived.

Cc Operations in case they would have any objections...

Related Objects

StatusAssignedTask
ResolvedQgil
ResolvedQgil
ResolvedQgil
Resolved RobLa-WMF
ResolvedQgil
Resolveddemon
DeclinedNone
DeclinedNone
ResolvedDanny_B
DeclinedDanny_B
ResolvedPaladox
Resolveddemon
Resolveddemon
ResolvedTerraCodes
ResolvedPaladox
Resolveddemon
DuplicateNone
ResolvedQgil
Resolvedmmodell
Resolvedmmodell
Resolvedmmodell
Resolvedchasemp
Resolvedmmodell
Resolvedmmodell
Resolvedmmodell
Resolvedchasemp
Resolvedmmodell
ResolvedQgil
DeclinedNone
InvalidQgil
ResolvedQgil
DeclinedNone
Resolved yuvipanda
Invalidchasemp
Resolvedvalhallasw
Declinedvalhallasw
Resolvedvalhallasw
ResolvedLegoktm
ResolvedLegoktm
ResolvedLegoktm
InvalidLegoktm
DeclinedNone
DeclinedNone
DeclinedNone
InvalidQChris
ResolvedNone
DuplicateNone
DeclinedNone
DeclinedNone
Resolvedgreg
Resolvedgreg
Resolveddemon
Resolvedgreg
DeclinedNone
Resolvedgreg
Invalidgreg
DeclinedNone
DeclinedNone
Declinedmmodell
Resolvedgreg
Resolveddemon
Invalidmmodell
DuplicateNone
Resolvedmmodell
DeclinedNone
Resolvedmmodell
Declinedgreg
Invalidgreg
DeclinedNone
ResolvedQgil
Invalidmmodell
Resolvedgreg
Resolvedgreg
Declinedgreg
DeclinedNone
Resolvedchasemp
Resolveddemon
Resolvedchasemp
Resolvedchasemp
Invalidchasemp
Resolveddemon
ResolvedNemo_bis
Resolveddemon
ResolvedPaladox
ResolvedKrenair
Resolvedmmodell
InvalidNone
DeclinedNone
DeclinedNone

Event Timeline

Danny_B created this task.Jun 29 2016, 9:03 PM
Restricted Application added subscribers: Zppix, Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptJun 29 2016, 9:03 PM

quite the opposite. happy to see it being archived

The last remaining task is not blocked by deprecating gitblit. gitblit is already deprecated right now, the server is down. I think the tag should be removed from that last one.

I guess @Paladox and myself can finish the last one by the end of month or week so then I'll do the archiving... I guess no need to rush...

greg added a subscriber: greg.

(operations not needed)

Yep, I can help :).

Just tell me what to do and ill see what I can do please :).

jayvdb added a subscriber: jayvdb.Jun 30 2016, 10:02 AM

This has only just been deployed, and I've already found one (IMO serious) problem (T139027).

Surely this project should still be reviewing the 404 errors/redirects periodically to check if there are major sets of URLs which are now effectively 404s (hiding in 302s).

Danny_B moved this task from To Triage to Backlog on the Gitblit-Deprecate board.Jun 30 2016, 10:15 AM

@jayvdb thankyou for notifying us. @Danny_B is having a look at T139027 which you filled.

jayvdb changed the task status from Open to Stalled.Aug 3 2016, 8:46 AM

Thankfully this appears to be on hold until the broken redirects are fixed.

jayvdb changed the task status from Open to Stalled.Aug 3 2016, 8:46 AM

Thankfully this appears to be on hold until the broken redirects are fixed.

jayvdb added a comment.Aug 3 2016, 8:46 AM

Thankfully this appears to be on hold until the broken redirects are fixed.

jayvdb added a comment.Aug 3 2016, 8:48 AM

Interesting; I only submitted one comment. I see it appearing three times.

Danny_B changed the task status from Stalled to Open.Aug 3 2016, 9:13 PM

No need to set stalled status to tasks which depend on subtasks which are open.

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-cloud) [2017-09-26T16:16:55Z] <mutante> it first sounds like "what, but we don't use gitblit anymore" but then.. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T138986 is still open

12:14 < andrewbogott> !log gitblit rebooting 'test' instance as it is unreachable

^ Is this task (and subtasks) still being worked on by anyone? Since the labs instance was down?

I think the gitblit migration is complete as there has been low complaints and it has been over a year. I think we should archive the gitblit project.

I agree, i think about 95% of the old URLs have been covered with redirects and this was about the remaining 5% or something like that but it's good enough as it is and i doubt anyone wants to really spend the time anymore.

Since the last task in this tag is almost done/being worked on, the tag can be archived and this task closed imo.

@TerraCodes thanks for this! :) let's close it once T139089 is resolved

demon closed this task as Resolved.
demon added a subscriber: demon.

Pressed the little archive button, all done.