Date: 8 July 2016
Time: 12:30 UTC
Type: IRC (channel #gsoc-catimages)
Description: 11th meeting (Week 7) to discuss progress and inclusion of video copyright project and plan the final phase
- Midterm Evaluation, Outcomes/Measurables:
- Categorize based on metadata: in progress, needs to output categorization hints to console
- Graphics detection code of catimages implemented and improved but not tested on a mixed/random set yet
- has been tested now
- Progress report from @AbdealiJK
- Consensus on plan and timeline
- @jayvdb and @DrTrigon need to define "categorization": accuracy, etc.
- clean-up final tasks finish project (docu, test, bugfixes, etc) -> who will be future maintainer? AbdealiJK & DrTrigon ?
- have a stable and reliable pypi package ("pypi-catimages"), dependencies, etc. which can be installed and runned easily by any user
- fully working core bot script that has equivalent functionallity as old compat bot (bot should/must be able to add the proper category tags, e.g. for uncategorized files)
- give a list of the features this package has and one of the features missing compared to old catimages.py, and briefly explain why
- provide more information for future contributors
- have a docker for more experimental packages that are harder to install (and for win users in general?)
- News regarding beta-tests - how can we increase the number? (India Meeting? support for tool-labs needed now?)
- video copyright project (jayvdb)
- Brief status report (jayvdb)
- we have to think about integrating it into this project (cross-language python and .NET)
- after the MVP we will start to work together (hacking session, mettings/communication, etc.)
- what can also be used in catimages/file-metadata
Minutes of the Meeting:
- log: http://wm-bot.wmflabs.org/logs/%23gsoc-catimages/20160708.txt, http://wm-bot.wmflabs.org/browser/index.php?start=07%2F08%2F2016&end=07%2F09%2F2016&display=%23gsoc-catimages
- request by @DrTrigon: can we start generating some stats / tables / overviews ?
- would be very useful to define "categorization": accuracy, etc.