»How are parts of wikitext moved (cut/paste) in articles« (including: longer/shorter distances, longer/shorter fragments moved etc.)
- Sample of 10 random articles and 5 more-or-less random excellent articles.
- Exported the the most recent 1000 revisions.
- display the moves, informal assessment
- A large part of the moves concerned list items (e.g. item was added at the end and was in the next edit put to the proper position in alphabetical order) and images (e.g. moved image below or above some near paragraph)
- most moves were over short distances
- Some moves were seemingly misrecognized by the algorithm like a common word that it suspected to be moved
- Only a few cases were actually complicated restructuring of text with things like splitting and/or moving paragraphs while changing some words inside the paragraphs.