Page MenuHomePhabricator

"Mark as missing" function not working in itwiki
Closed, ResolvedPublic


In itwiki we are experiencing a little problem with the "Mark as missing" function. When marking as missing a word in the ContentTranslation tool, the word correctly displays red. But, after publishing the page, the link appears to be a interwikilink to enwiki (I've tested it translating from enwiki). See "Wacko Magneto".

In enwiki there isn't this issue. See "finlandese" here.

Event Timeline

Nnvu created this task.Jul 22 2016, 3:22 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptJul 22 2016, 3:22 PM

Thanks for the report!

Is this similar to T140332?

Nnvu added a comment.Jul 23 2016, 11:17 AM

@Amire80 Well, the output is equal to the one mentioned in T140332, but the method is the same as the one in T118087: i tried to add a red link and i got a full external link to enwiki.

Amire80 triaged this task as Normal priority.Jul 25 2016, 11:10 AM
Amire80 moved this task from Needs Triage to Bugs on the ContentTranslation board.
Arrbee moved this task from Bugs to Check & Move on the ContentTranslation board.Jul 22 2019, 1:57 PM
Arrbee lowered the priority of this task from Normal to Low.Jul 22 2019, 2:13 PM
Jpita added a subscriber: Jpita.Jul 25 2019, 12:47 PM

Managed to replicate it on

The first link works as expected (Wonderland Park) but the second one links to the correct page

Pginer-WMF added a subscriber: Pginer-WMF.EditedJul 26 2019, 9:28 AM

The first link works as expected (Wonderland Park) but the second one links to the correct page

The English article is not connected to any Spanish article in Wikidata. So CX thinks that it is missing, and creates a missing link with a name that matches an existing article in Spanish Wikipedia (in this case it seems that those are about the same topic just not connected in Wikidata, but it could be a different topic that happens to have such title). This case is described and expected to be solved by T224408: Ask for user confirmation when adding a missing link and the target page name is unclear

The original ticket was describing an issue, that applied to your example would mean that the article published in Spanish has a link to the 120 minutes article in English, which seems not to be the case. I highlighted the key elements from the example of the original issue in a screenshot below:

Pginer-WMF closed this task as Resolved.Jul 26 2019, 11:39 AM
Pginer-WMF claimed this task.

Given the above, the original issue seems to be resolved, and related issues are reported in other tickets.