As we add structured data on Commons, the next natural step would be to create a query service, akin to query.wikidata.org, to query this data. This requires figuring out:
- Will this be separate service or the data will be residing inside the same service?
- If separate, how will it be hosted? What the UI would be?
- RDF dumps for commons data
- Does RDF support all kinds of data we need for commons properly?
- Checking that WDQS tools can be easily changed to work with non-wikidata store (there were assumptions in the past that prevented this, may still happen - like assuming items start with Q, if it's not true for Commons)
We will probably need to create specific subtasks for this as it becomes more clear.