Please find out to what extent it would be possible to integrate a solution into mediawiki for a technically correct moving of files from wikipedia to commons.
- How many images in de-wiki should better be in commons? To what rate does this increase over time?
- Where would this feature be and how could it look like?
- Would this feature be needed anywhere else than for wikipedia -> commons?
- What is the estimation of work to build a feature that moves the file from wikipedia to commons keeping all information wikipedia has about that file in place? And that also contains the info who was the person moving the file to commons?
- What would be the next steps to do? (ideally after this ticket, we could take a decision how to proceed and Lea would know exactly which tickets need to be written)
There is a request from 2006 here: T8071
There is a wish on the 2013 German-speaking community wishlist, requesting a technically correct option to move files from Wikipedia to Commons, keeping the file history and the user name history intact: T140462