- As a user who can edit other users' post, log in to betalabs, and "Mark as resolved" some of topics on the Flow board.
- Then, click on the '# comment" under the title of the topic that you've just resolved - the option 'Delete' will be displayed. For some users, there will be 'Suppress' option too.
- Click on 'Delete' or 'Suppress' option and enter some text into 'Please explain..." and click to confirm the action - the warning appears "This topic is resolved, so further activity is not possible."
|mediawiki/extensions/Flow : master||Allow moderating resolved topic|
The issue here IMO is that deleting and resolving resolved topics should not be blocked, it should be allowed. You can work around this by reopening the topic first but you shouldn't have to.
Two issues are described here
- (from the issue description) posts in resolved topics have options 'Delete' and 'Suppress'. When clicked, those options cannot be performed unless the topics is re-open.
- (from @Catrope comment) resolved topics should have options Delete and Suppress, so the resolved topics can be deleted/suppressed without re-opening them.
I've checked what is supposed to work as defined on T142779#2605500 on mediawiki.org where I'm a sysop:
- resolved topics can be deleted/suppressed without re-opening them: works
- comments in resolved topics can also be deleted/suppressed without re-opening a topic: works