The revision slider may also be used through touch devices like smartphones.
When testing it on an Android 6/Firefox for Mobile, we saw the following behavior:
Touching a revision bar results in
- changing to that revision
- the appearance of the tooltip
The tooltip then never disappeared. Apart from that, however, it was surprisingly easy to use it on a small screen.
- Verify if we see the same behavior for other types of devices, where the mobile version is used
- Never allow the existence of more than one tooltip at a time
- Allow people to close tooltips / make it go away after some time for mobile / another good solution to get rid of the tooltip at some point
The revision slider is a feature that adds a visualization of all revisions to the compare screen.
The revision slider was originally prototyped by the WMF Community Tech team and then handed over to the WMDE TCB team, as it is also a solution to fulfill a wish of the German Community Wishlist: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Umfragen/Technische_W%C3%BCnsche_2015/Artikel#Anzeige_aller_Bearbeitungskommentare_im_Diff