Before we deployed the recent ORES refactor, we were using 950MB per uwsgi worker and 1130MB per celery worker.
Currently, we have 24 + 1 celery processes (as of 8/09):
- 25 * 1130MB = 27.6GB
Currently, we have 48 + 1 uwsgi processes (as of 8/09):
- 49 * 950MB = 45.5GB
As of the refactor, the RES of celery has stayed the same, but the RES of uwsgi has fallen to 550 MB per process:
- 49 * 550MB = 26.3GB
In summary, we used to use 27.6 + 45.5 = 73.1GB of RES memory. Now we use 27.6 + 26.3 = 53.9GB of memory. So, we've gained 19.2GB of memory. In that amount of memory, we should safely be able to add 16 new celery workers.
(Note that all memory estimates were gathered using the RES column in ps)