- In merge lists, frequently, we find duplicate items with sitelinks to the same article at a client wiki: one through a direct link, the other through a redirect.
- Many items linking to redirects don't get statements due to a lack of normally linked articles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Redirects_from_merges is one of the top categories on https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Database_reports/items_without_claims_categories/enwiki (about 1200 items)
We need to find a better way to clean these up.
Workarounds, reports and possible fixes:
- The request T143486 might limit this from happening.
- https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Wikidata:Bot_requests&oldid=375991287#Delete_redirects for https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Josve05a/dupes
- Lists are available at wikidata-redirects-conflicts-reports (Pywikibot script for them)