The graphic Labs, who frequently produce pie charts to illustrate articles, want to set up (SVG) pie chart's standards.
But, if a pie chart are made handily, we cannot guarantee its accuracy.
Also, graphists are from one hour ago looking for a Web Service allowing to create SVG pie charts, or even better : under free licence.
But the must should be to have page, on katetools website, allowing us to input the data needs :
- Wished image's name
- Total number of seats ? = 100%
- ? seats for group 1 = ??% = color ?
- ? seats for group 2 = ??% = color ?
- ? seats for group 3 = ??% = color ?
- ? seats for group 4 = ??% = color ?
- ? seats for group 5 = ??% = color ?
And which may output a nice + accurate PNG or SVG circle pie chart with '''Wikipedia chosen conventions'''.
You can have a look at :
- [http://www.svgopen.org/2003/papers/CreatingSVGPieChartsThroughWebService/index.html Creating SVG Pie Charts through XSLT via a Web Service].
- google query [http://www.google.com.tw/search?q=pie+chart+svg Pie+Chart+SVG]
I come first to ask you : is this tool already existing ?
If not, I think this tools is really need to provide harmonized pie charts and to upgrade a little more the graphic level of Wikipedia page.
If the creation of this extension is accepted, I can provide some ideas to find ugly but workable solution (I have really basic knowledge in coding and SVG).