Page MenuHomePhabricator

Problems provisioning the centralauth vagrant role
Closed, DeclinedPublic

Description

The first time I tried to provision the centralauth vagrant role, I got the following errors:

==> default: Notice: /Stage[main]/Mediawiki/Exec[update_all_databases]/returns: 3 wikis failed.
==> default: Error: /Stage[main]/Mediawiki/Exec[update_all_databases]: Failed to call refresh: /usr/local/bin/foreachwiki update.php --quick --doshared returned 1 instead of one of [0]
==> default: Error: /Stage[main]/Mediawiki/Exec[update_all_databases]: /usr/local/bin/foreachwiki update.php --quick --doshared returned 1 instead of one of [0]

Then I tried unprovisioning it and reprovisioning it, but got more errors:

==> default: Error: /usr/local/bin/multiversion-install /vagrant/mediawiki --wiki loginwiki --dbname loginwiki --dbpass wikipassword --dbuser wikiadmin --pass vagrant --scriptpath /w --server http://login.wiki.local.wmftest.net:8080 --confpath /vagrant/settings.d/wikis/loginwiki  loginwiki Admin
==> default:  returned 1 instead of one of [0]
==> default: Error: /Stage[main]/Role::Centralauth/Mediawiki::Wiki[login]/Exec[loginwiki_setup]/returns: change from notrun to 0 failed: /usr/local/bin/multiversion-install /vagrant/mediawiki --wiki loginwiki --dbname loginwiki --dbpass wikipassword --dbuser wikiadmin --pass vagrant --scriptpath /w --server http://login.wiki.local.wmftest.net:8080 --confpath /vagrant/settings.d/wikis/loginwiki  loginwiki Admin
==> default:  returned 1 instead of one of [0]
==> default: Warning: /Stage[main]/Role::Centralauth/Mediawiki::Wiki[login]/Exec[loginwiki_include_extra_settings]: Skipping because of failed dependencies

It then skipped most of the rest due to failed dependencies (and I get the same errors if I repeat the process). Thus I can't actually get the role to work. All the necessary databases seem to now be in place, but it doesn't finish setting things up (for example the puppet managed settings files don't get created for CentralAuth).

Event Timeline

bd808 subscribed.

I'm going to close this as declined because there is no way to debug what went wrong with the given information.

I have spun up 3 different mw-vagrant vms in the last month with CentralAuth enabled and had no issues which gives me some confidence that the entire role is not broken. If @kaldari is still having this problem I would suggest first starting with a fresh VM (vagrant destroy; vagrant up). Destroy will get rid of any strange state in the VM's database or local config. If that fails I think we are going to need verbose logging from PUPPET_DEBUG=1 vagrant up to try and figure out what is causing the failures.