- Go to this url (I have tested with Firefox 48 and Chromium 52).
- Some special chars are displayed in address bar. Copy the URL in your clipboard. Special chars are URI encoded (with percent signs).
- Edit a page with VisualEditor.
- Add a ref clicking Cite button.
- Paste the URL and click on Generate button.
Actual result: this links to this URL, because percent signs are re-encoded with %25 code.
Expected result: link to good URL. Do not encode percent sign because recent browsers well auto encode and decode URLs.
- Fix in extension