Improving remote participation in the Wikimedia Developer Summit 2017 is an objective of the organization. In this task we define what exactly needs improvement, we track the implementation of these improvements, and we analyze the results after the event.
- Week of Dec 4th: Recruit remote participant advocates to facilitate IRC discussion
- Week of Dec 11th: Rachel, Srishti, Brendan and Lani to meet and discuss specific roles
- Week of Dec 11th: Update the wiki schedule (if required)
- Week of Dec 11th: Promote the remote participation with clear 'How to Participate' instructions to people who we've sent travel grant rejection, and to additional participants who are beyond our maximum attendance limit, contact a few mailing lists.
- Week of Dec 18th Contact Jeff and schedule social media posts to be sent out two weeks in advance and a few when the event is around the corner.
- Week of Jan 2nd: Do a dry run at the event venue (if possible)
- After the summit, send a thank you email and short survey to facilitators
- After the summit, send a feedback survey to remote attendees