Page MenuHomePhabricator

Kill dashboards on limn1 that are no longer used
Closed, ResolvedPublic8 Estimated Story Points

Event Timeline

This comment was removed by Nuria.
This comment was removed by Nuria.
Nuria renamed this task from Move instances of dashiki hosted on limn1 to another server to Kill dashboards on limn1 that are no longer used.EditedSep 29 2016, 4:47 PM
  • analytics/
  • debugging/
  • edit-reportcard/
  • example/
  • gp/ (check with @Ijon)
  • mobile-reportcard/ (easy to migrate but used by anyone? ping @Jdlrobson and @JKatzWMF)

multimedia-metrics/ (hard to migrate, ping @MarkTraceur, @Gilles)

  • recommend/ (ping @leila)
  • test-reportcard/
  • vital-signs/
  • extdist/
  • extdist-reportcard/

Work is to remove dns domains from labs and code running from reportupdater if not used.

Ping owners in 1 by 1 basis.

Nuria set the point value for this task to 8.

@Nuria @Milimetric Hey, I have a couple questions:

  1. analytics.wmflabs.org just contains the pageview-api demo that I did. Do you think this has a reason to exist after musikanimal's pageview tool? I guess we can kill that, right?
  1. lyra.wmflabs.org is redirected to analytics.wmflabs.org (1), I'll delete that web proxy unless you disagree.
  1. From the list: example, recommend and extdist do not have any web proxy nor repository. I guess no action needs to be taken with them.
  1. From the list: vital-signs, language-reportcard and edit-analysis are already fully migrated. I assume there are no action items there.

analytics.wmflabs.org just contains the pageview-api demo that I did. Do you think this has a reason to exist after musikanimal's pageview tool? I guess we can kill that, right?

Yes, sadness, but yes.

lyra.wmflabs.org is redirected to analytics.wmflabs.org (1), I'll delete that web proxy unless you disagree.

yes please

From the list: example, recommend and extdist do not have any web proxy nor repository. I guess no action needs to be taken with them.

Ok

From the list: vital-signs, language-reportcard and edit-analysis are already fully migrated. I assume there are no action items there.

agreed

Change 314678 had a related patch set uploaded (by Mforns):
Remove mobile and exdist reportupdater jobs

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/314678

Action item (1): Remove reportupdater jobs from puppet. See gerrit change above ^
We'll need to remove by hand the cron jobs in stat1003, I guess.

Action item (2): This folders in datasets.wikimedia.org should be deleted. But I think it would be cool to leave them there for a couple weeks, as a temporary safety backup. Or maybe until we do the datasets reorg.

https://datasets.wikimedia.org/limn-public-data/mobile/
https://datasets.wikimedia.org/limn-public-data/edit/
https://datasets.wikimedia.org/aggregate-datasets/refinery/
https://datasets.wikimedia.org/limn-public-data/extdist/

So, I'll add them to the datasets.w.o reorg phab task, and we can delete them at that point.

DONE.
See the task for datasets.wikimedia.org reorganization: T125854

Action item (3): Delete the web proxies (dns) for the following domains:

  • mobile-reportcard.wmflabs.org
  • edit-reportcard.wmflabs.org
  • debugging.wmflabs.org
  • gp.wmflabs.org
  • multimedia-metrics.wmflabs.org
  • test-reportcard.wmflabs.org
  • extdist-reportcard.wmflabs.org
  • analytics.wmflabs.org
  • lyra.wmflabs.org

DONE.

Action item (4): Remove reportupdater's report files in stat1003 for:

  • limn-mobile-data
  • limn-extdist-data

This should be done after the puppet patch has been merged, and puppet has run in stat1003.

So, what remains to do here is:

  1. Review and merge the puppet patch
  2. After merge and puppet run, remove the cron jobs for mobile and extdist in stat1003
  3. Remove reportupdater's report files in stat1003

Change 314678 merged by Elukey:
Remove mobile and exdist reportupdater jobs

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/314678

Action items (1) and (4) DONE

  • Removed the crontab entries for limn-mobile-data and limn-extdist-data
  • Removed the limn-mobile-data and limn-extdist-data repos from /a/reportupdater/jobs
  • Removed the report files in /a/reportupdater/output/... edit/, mobile/ and extdist/