We have a gadget now to order the statements in an item. It only has a few properties however and those in parts have a weird order. We need to try to come up with a list of all properties.
Steps to take:
- Get a list of all properties (list properties or via SPARQL)
- Split the property list in 2 based on the datatype (one part identifiers and one part non-identifiers)
- Sort the list with the identifiers alphabetical by English label
- Get a list of 30 diverse but high-profile items (for example some of the showcase items on https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Showcase_items)
- Sort the other properties in a way that the 30 items have a meaningful order in their statements
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-statementSort.js is the code of the gadget.
This list can later be updated by the editors but we need a meaningful first version of the list to actually have a meaningful discussion about ordering.