This doesn't work the same as other wikis (creating a blank page, letting you turn it off) and will be confusing for the user.
- Mentioned In
- T149897: Decide on any changes to how preferences should work for Flow user talk
- Mentioned Here
- T138310: Flow as a Beta feature: enable, disable and reenable doesn't seem to work
T150073: Preferences 'Restore all default settings' option does not apply to 'Flow on user talk' Beta feature
T149897: Decide on any changes to how preferences should work for Flow user talk
This is kind of done by the temp disable patch, and we could just not turn the beta feature back on on those wikis. But maybe we should handle these wikis in a more intelligent way. For new users, it doesn't make as much sense to have the beta feature, but it does make sense for users who still have a wikitext talk page. Also, for users who had a Flow talk page from the get-go, it might make sense to let them use the beta feature to opt out of Flow?
Yeah, I intentionally removed MediaWiki.org (I think I verified that is the only one), whereas I commented the others.
Also, for users who had a Flow talk page from the get-go, it might make sense to let them use the beta feature to opt out of Flow?
Not sure; I lean against it. Beta Features are supposed to be temporary and for trying new functionality This would basically mean the Beta Feature is conceptually permanent (even on default-Flow user talk namespaces, there would be a presumably permanent Beta Feature to disable Flow ).
Well, I don't think it would make sense long-term to use BF as the mechanism to opt in or out of the feature. Eventually it should be a preference, either a user preference or an implicit one by the content model of the page…
Checked in mediawiki
- new users will have Flow on their user talk pages enabled by default
- 'Enable Flow on user talk' option is not displayed in Preferences-Beta features
Things to check after the the deploy of T138310: Flow as a Beta feature: enable, disable and reenable doesn't seem to work
- old users without Flow on their user talk pages
- check the wikis on which Flow on user talk page by defaul https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Flow/Request_Flow_on_a_page/Beta_feature
- reset to default settings in Preferences
Adding the comment from T138310: Flow as a Beta feature: enable, disable and reenable doesn't seem to work
Checked in frwiki, kabwiki, mediawiki - for enabling/disabling/re-enabling for existing/new users - all works.
It was checked on 1.29.0-wmf.4 version.