Given our new feature flagged approach it is not helpful to use whether a user is in stable or beta as an indication that a feature is enabled. We have done a lot of work to remove the SkinMinervaBeta class and its friends and introduce feature flagging which allows us to control which features are enabled on stable or beta via a config change.
Work so far
- Cleanup dead code (there's lots of it: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/315540 )
Beta differs from stable in several ways let's clean this up:
We currently load a talk icon for the talk button . Make a decision on T142976 (In meantime I suggest moving the existing beta only flagged code to stable)(no longer valid)
- We currently disable CentralNotice on beta. Let's remove that logic and enable it in beta too.
Fontchanger should be feature flagged and enabled inside SkinMinerva.php(see the subtask T148193)
- Back to top should be feature flagged and enabled inside SkinMinerva.php
Wait for the outcome of T148199:
- remove the skins.minerva.beta.scripts
Let's complete the transition
- Remove SkinMinervaBeta.php
- Remove MinervaTemplateBeta
- Resolve the 2 remaining subtasks
- With subtasks resolved, submit a patch associated with this task that drops isBetaGroupMember from resources/mobile.startup/context.js from the codebase
If estimating this task do so for the final subtask. It doesn't seem helpful at this time to create another subtask just for that.