Hi. Something strange. I allways use grouping mode for watchlist and recent changes in preferences. Today I removed it for a couple of minutes to check something, and saw that all categorigation entries do not have diff links. The words "( diff | history )" are just a plain text, without links. As I know it works well in grouping mode, so I'd like to understand: Was it done in purpose? Thank you.
- Did you bypass your browser cache and does it still happen afterwards?
- Is this fully reproducible?
- I assume "Categorization entries" means https://he.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%95%D7%97%D7%93:%D7%A9%D7%99%D7%A0%D7%95%D7%99%D7%99%D7%9D_%D7%90%D7%97%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%A0%D7%99%D7%9D&hideWikibase=0&hidecategorization=0 ? Cannot reproduce, (הבדל | היסטוריה) are links in Firefox 49.
Hmm, why is your screenshot Left-To-Right (LTR) while he.wp is RTL? If you have specific settings in your preferences that might influence reproducing the problem, please share them in bug reports.
- I am logged in, using Firefox 49, and use the Vector skin.
- I manually enabled "Group changes by page in recent changes and watchlist" on https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/מיוחד:העדפות?uselang=en#mw-prefsection-rc . "Hide categorization of pages" was already enabled by default.
- I went to https://he.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=מיוחד:שינויים_אחרונים&hideWikibase=0&hidecategorization=0&uselang=en
- What I see:
- This looks very different from your screenshot, for reasons that I do not know and need to be found out:
But I do not know what page your screenshot is taken from.
A list of exact steps, environment, and settings to reproduce is extremely welcome.
Ah, thanks! The sentence "I always use grouping mode for watchlist and recent changes in preferences" tricked me, so I thought I can see it on both pages. My fault.
https://he.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=מיוחד:העדפות&uselang=en#mw-prefsection-watchlist does not show any option related to "grouping mode" hence I still do not know how to reproduce your view.
A numbered list of steps to reproduce that others can just follow is very welcome.
- Open recent changes properties, #Aklapper.
- Turn on the first advanced feature - grouping mode fot recent changes and watchlist.
- Open Special:Watchlist.
- If Hide categorization radiobox in checked, uncheck it and click list rebuild button.
- And then check it again with the grouping mode in 1 turned off.
Thanks! (For future reference, links are welcome :) )
Hmm, I'm afraid I cannot reproduce:
- I go to https://he.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%95%D7%97%D7%93:%D7%94%D7%A2%D7%93%D7%A4%D7%95%D7%AA&uselang=en#mw-prefsection-rc
- Under "Advanced options", I enable "Group changes by page in recent changes and watchlist". I leave the three other options unchecked.
- I go to https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%95%D7%97%D7%93:%D7%A8%D7%A9%D7%99%D7%9E%D7%AA_%D7%94%D7%9E%D7%A2%D7%A7%D7%91?uselang=en
- I disable "page categorization"
- I click the "Show" button (which ignores that I added uselang=en to the URL earlier)
- I get this result:
Hi, @Aklapper, once again:
the plain text is in nongrouping mode. I gave it to you to compare, but the problem is when "2"in your list is disabled.
There is no categorization in the watchlist you showed me. You need bigger watchlist, that has many categories. Try adding to your watchlist this category, it has 4 entries today, or this one, ut has 3 entries today.
I checked the steps described above - it does not make sense to have diff|history as plain text on Watchlist and as links, e.g. on Special:Related changes.
|Watchlist-plain text||Related changes-links|