This only applied to inline edits.
Steps to reproduce
You can do this in two way.
- As a non whitelisted user
- go to https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/190660/ for example
- Use the inline edit, and try and change something simple, then save and publish it.
- Wait for jenkins to report back.
- It reports back with the tests done in the Test pipeline only for whitelisted users but you would have been a none-whitelisted user editing a whitelisted users patch.
- Edit as a whitelisted user
- For example go to https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/313383/
- Use gerrits inline edit and edit something simple
- Save and publish
- The tests are now run in the check pipeline
- But I'm a whitelisted user so running recheck works.
- Users who are not whitelisted can get whitelisted users tests tested again by using inline edit.
- Users who are whitelisted and edit non whitelisted patches get tests that are run for non whitelisted users.
- Running recheck runs the tests as whitelisted users.
- I expect that if you are a whitelisted user then the tests are the ones whitelisted users can run
- I Expect that if you are a non whitelisted user then you should only be able to run the tests in the non whitelisted pipeline.
This is fixed in gerrit 2.12.4
"•Issue 4324: Set the correct uploader on new patch sets created via the inline editor."