Type of activity: Pre-scheduled session
Main topic: None
This session would build continuity with the Edit Review discussion held on Friday of the October Editing offsite.
In the discussion, a number of potential users of a "propose edit", "review edit", "apply/merge edit" workflow were discussed, and we briefly discussed backend functionality we might add to support this workflow.
What's needed are the next steps to take.
Build consensus on general tools to solve the edit review problem.
Identify concrete next steps.
Current status of the discussion
- T113004: Make it easy to fork, branch, and merge pages (or more) became a proposal to use the Draft namespace to prototype this workflow
- T105173: HTML diffs of edits for everything is an important part of the "review proposed edit" step
- Patrol/review workflow was identified as an important problem to be solved
- It was agreed that it would be desirable to have a consistent mechanism in the backend to store a "proposed edit"
- @Arlolra demoed a "propose edit" tool for Tor users
- The collaboration team expressed interest in doing something in this area.
- See also the extensive notes from the offsite.