[Dashboard][Search] Make monthly metrics module work again
Closed, ResolvedPublic2 Story Points

Description

A short-term fix to one of the problems in T149735 was to comment out the monthly metrics module because it was breaking the whole dashboard.

For some reason Sys.Date() - 1 - months(1) stopped working (started returning NA). I tried to fix it with explicit class-casting (as.POSIXct()) but while it worked on a local R installation (which I updated to 3.3.2 -- released Monday Oct 31 -- to be just like the vagrant container in the labs instance), it did not work in production.

Let's get the module operational again :)

Related Objects

mpopov created this task.Nov 1 2016, 11:20 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptNov 1 2016, 11:20 PM
debt triaged this task as Normal priority.Nov 3 2016, 9:40 PM
debt added a subscriber: debt.

We'll need to get this up and running again soon as monthly metrics happen monthly. :)

mpopov claimed this task.Nov 7 2016, 7:01 PM
mpopov moved this task from Backlog to In progress on the Discovery-Analysis (Current work) board.

Change 320249 had a related patch set uploaded (by Bearloga):
Re-enable monthly metrics module

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/320249

Change 320249 merged by Bearloga:
Re-enable monthly metrics module

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/320249

Operational again AND the KPIs in the table are now shortcuts to those modules on the dashboard: http://discovery.wmflabs.org/metrics/#monthly_metrics

debt closed this task as Resolved.Nov 8 2016, 8:20 PM

Thanks, @mpopov - looks great!