This task is a result of the initial brainstorming for T146613: Improve remote participation at the Wikimedia Developer Summit 2017 and a recent discussion T146613#2775399 on it. The goal of this task is clear from it's title.
- Week of Dec 11th: Recruit WMF members
- Week of Dec 18th:
- Send invitations to registered participants, asking them to add their names to a wiki page if they are interested in attending the event. Include ‘How to Participate’ instructions to participants/WMF members, with some specific asks. For example: Come prepare with the projects you would like to talk about and any questions you might have before attending the summit.
- Prepare event organizers
- On Jan 2nd: Send event reminders
- On Jan 3rd: Run the event
- Send a follow-up email to participants, concluding what happened! Consider writing a blog post