As a navpopups user, I want the ability to try out the hovercards feature, to see which one I like better
Navpops users won't be able to enable Page Previews unless they disable Navigation Popups gadgets from gadgets tab. We cannot disable it for users, the user has to do it manually. we can link to the gadgets tab though.
Here's how it will look
The blue link that says "disable navigation popups" will link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-gadgets or just the hashtag "mw-prefsection-gadgets"
- If user had navigational popups enabled
- Disable "previews on" option
- Display message: "For page previews to work, please disable navigational popups from [the gadgets tab]"
- Selecting link will navigate to gadgets
- We log this as part of the Popups instrumentation
- If we DO NOT KNOW whether the user has navigational popups enabled:
- Enable both options
- Display message: "Certain gadgets and other customization may affect the performance of this feature. If you notice issues with page previews, please go through your gadgets list and other customization"
- Per T154573: [SPIKE] How do we efficiently detect when the NavPopups gadget is enabled?, we forward conflictsWithNavPopupsGadget to the client in the onMakeGlobalVariables script and include its value in Popups events.