Page MenuHomePhabricator

Create a namespace for Translation on Malayalam Wikisource
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Please create a namespace for translation on Malayalam Wikisource, similar to translation namespace on en.wikisource.
Also add English alias as well as short alias for this proposed new namespace.

Required namespace: പരിഭാഷ
Required Namespace Talk: പരിഭാഷയുടെ സംവാദം

English Alias: Translation
English Alias for talk : Translation talk

Short Alias: പ
Short Alias for talk: പസം

Please see community notification here.

Details

Related Gerrit Patches:
operations/mediawiki-config : masterSet Translation namespace on ml.wikisource

Event Timeline

Praveenp created this task.Dec 24 2016, 4:52 PM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptDec 24 2016, 4:52 PM
Dereckson moved this task from Backlog to Config - to process on the Wikimedia-Site-requests board.
Dereckson added a subscriber: Dereckson.

Schedule
We've currently a non emergency deployment freeze, so we'll process your request the first week of January.

Scope of the task
Can you confirm you only want a namespace, and not the Translate extension?

Praveenp updated the task description. (Show Details)Dec 24 2016, 4:58 PM

Nobody has proposed about Translation extension, and we haven't discussed about it yet. Since processing the request take sometime, I hope it is okay to ask specifically about the extension to community and share the opinion here soon.

it will need to be marked as "content" ns

@Tpt: is there something that needs to be done to make page numbering work on transclusions? A page layout issue? or is that something done in common.js?

@Praveenp: For future reference how to request these kinds of changes, please see and follow https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_wiki_configuration_changes - thanks!

@Aklapper Did I do anything wrong? After discussing elsewhere, a user put it in the village pump. I filed the bug, almost 10 days after that. Village pump link is included in the task description. May be you are implicating that I didn't tag the task in site-requests. You could've tell it directly. IMO, there are better people with pretty good knowledge about tags here.

No, you didn't anything wrong. Tagging with site-requests is better (as we can know request was created) but can be done later. There is only code-freeze so no new deploys can be made except emergency deploys. It'll be relased at January 03.

I've notified the community about the translate extension through village pump, but I am unable to obtain any opinion there.

For what it is worth, if creating can we please look to assign to NS:114, we have lightly reserved that number for this function.

Dereckson claimed this task.Jan 9 2017, 2:49 PM
Dereckson moved this task from Config - to process to Working on on the Wikimedia-Site-requests board.

Change 331313 had a related patch set uploaded (by Dereckson):
Set Translation namespace on ml.wikisource

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/331313

notified recently active users in their talk page.

Dereckson added a comment.EditedJan 10 2017, 3:17 AM

In the future, if you wish something simpler, you can use Echo.

You only need to write the names of the persons to notify in one line directly on the village pump, with link to their user pages.

Echo allows you to write [[User:Foo|Foo]] on every wiki page, and Foo will got a notification with a link to this page. Works on any wiki, with cross-wiki notifications.

Some wikis have also a template to help a syntax like {{Notify|Person 1|Person 2|Person 3}}.

Change 331313 merged by jenkins-bot:
Set Translation namespace on ml.wikisource

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/331313

May I Know why this is still open? This is 30th day since adding the task. I have seen a similar request from Polish Wikisource (T154711), which was closed after just 4 days (Jan 6 - Jan 10). And BTW nobody bullied there anybody because of site-request tag also.

If the ns has been deployed on wiki, you can mark it as resolved.

I checked the namespaces, and fixed issues, all look good to me.

Terbium
$ mwscript namespaceDupes.php mlwikisource --fix
0 pages to fix, 0 were resolvable.
                                                                                                                                                       pagelinks from=3832 ns=0 dbk=WS:CTPI -> വികകിഗരനഥശാല:CTPI
pagelinks from=7854 ns=0 dbk=WS:CTPI -> വികകിഗരനഥശാല:CTPI                                                                                              pagelinks from=8594 ns=0 dbk=WS:CTPI -> വികകിഗരനഥശാല:CTPI                                                                                              pagelinks from=8595 ns=0 dbk=WS:CTPI -> വികകിഗരനഥശാല:CTPI                                                                                              pagelinks from=9841 ns=0 dbk=വിഭാഗം:വിവരണം_നൽകാതത_ഫലകങങൾ -> വർഗഗം:വിവരണം_നൽകാതത_ഫലകങങൾ                                                                 pagelinks from=12050 ns=0 dbk=വിഭാഗം:വിവരണം_നൽകാതത_ഫലകങങൾ -> വർഗഗം:വിവരണം_നൽകാതത_ഫലകങങൾ                                                                pagelinks from=18543 ns=0 dbk=വിഭാഗം:വിവരണം_നൽകാതത_ഫലകങങൾ -> വർഗഗം:വിവരണം_നൽകാതത_ഫലകങങൾ
pagelinks from=7388 ns=0 dbk=വിഭാഗം:വിവരണം_നൽകിയിടടളള_ഫലകങങൾ -> വർഗഗം:വിവരണം_നൽകിയിടടളള_ഫലകങങൾ
8 links to fix, 8 were resolvable.

Looks good!

$ mwscript namespaceDupes.php mlwikisource
0 pages to fix, 0 were resolvable.

0 links to fix, 0 were resolvable.

Looks good!
Dereckson closed this task as Resolved.Jan 22 2017, 2:45 PM