10 new systems were ordered on parent task T154698. Those 10 systems will replace the following systems:
Please note that while @Joe listed up to mw2290, it did not include it, as it isn't an imagescaler. (He also lists 4 image scalers to be decomed, but range includes 5 systems, 4 imagei and 1 general.)
After further discussion on that task, @Joe pointed out that the old systems can come offline in advance of the new ones. I'll (@RobH) will be pulling them for decommission today/tomorrow. Then @Papaul will take over for the on-site steps of wiping the disks and unracking the systems.
Please note when these systems are unracked, @Papaul may want to leave all cables in place for the new systems that will eventually go in those spots.
Servers for decommission: mw2075-2079 (api), mw2080-2085 (job), mw2086-2089 (image)
Steps for each system in decommissioning:
- - disable all service level checks in icinga for hosts (done for all hosts mw2075-20989 set in maint/downtime)
- - depool from pybal (sudo -i confctl select name=,<fqdn hostname> set/pooled=no (done for all hosts)
- - disable puppet on hosts
- - remove from puppet, includes: conftool-data, install_server, hiera - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/330621/
- - system shutdown
- - pull production dns entires
- - disable network port
- - puppet node clean and deactive
- - salt key revoked
- - hand off system to @Papaul for disk wipe.
- - disk wiped
- - systems unracked, racktables updated
Please note that the mgmt dns entires and the network port description are not removed until AFTER system is unracked.
- - remove mgmt dns entires
- - remove description from switch port config