|Login screen with "Forgot your password?" link||Reset password form (causes user to be emailed reset instructions)||Set new password form (shown when user logs in with temp password they were emailed)|
|Open||None||T100375 Improve user experience of Two-Factor process|
|Open||None||T150899 Support 2FA in Wikipedia Mobile applications|
|Resolved||Mhurd||T150699 [iOS] Allow users to log in with 2FA in the app|
|Resolved||None||T150985 Update login interface|
|Resolved||Mhurd||T154726 Allow users to reset their password|
- Need a user account which has an email address associated with it. This is because password reset instructions are sent to the email address associated with the account.
- Start app and go to "Explore"
- Tap gear icon in upper left of screen
- Tap "Log in" (log out first if already logged in)
- Tap "Forgot your password?"
- Enter the user name (or email address associated with an account)
- Tap "Reset"
- Should see an alert saying and email has been sent with password reset instructions.
- Check email for the email address associated with the account
- This email will contain a temporary password
- Log in to the app with that temporary password
- You should then be presented with a password changing interface
- Enter a new password (and retype it)
- Now log in to the app with the new password
Tap for animation of steps:
Testing on iPhone 7 (iOS 10.2) and Wikipedia 5.4.0 (1076). Everything works as expected, I was able to change my password to my user (one screencap below presented to show this) so this is fixed.