Page MenuHomePhabricator

svgtranslate tool
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Every time I try to upload a file using "svgtranslate tool" I get "error-filename "
Can anyone please fix it? Thanks.
I already had problems with this tool that were fixed in T138780

Event Timeline

Thanks. Could you give an example of a file you've tried to translate, and the translations you've used? That way I can test safe in the knowledge I won't create any unnecessary uploads.

Jarry1250 claimed this task.Jan 8 2017, 5:24 PM
Jarry1250 triaged this task as High priority.
Jarry1250 added a subscriber: Krinkle.
Glrx added a comment.EditedJan 8 2017, 5:25 PM

@Mikey641 Please supply details of this bug. What file did you try to SVGTranslate? What did you enter and what happened? Did you get to page that has items to translate? Was it a manual or an OAuth upload? What was the target filename? Are you still trying to translate [[:File:Planetary transit.svg]] ?

Tortured history.

T138780 was opened as a bug trying to get to the second page of SVGTranslate (the page that presents items to translate). It was resolved by Krinkle with an edit to Intuition. On October 31 2016, after the fix, Mikey added another bug to T138780: the translated file could not be uploaded. @Aklapper told him to file a new report instead of extending T138780. File another report was also mentioned in T125743. Apparently, this January 8 2017 report is that report.

However, in T125743, @Jarry1250 fixed two bugs, one of which resolved an SVGTranslate upload bug due to $image->imageinfo(999) bitrot that confused SVGTranslate. SVGTranslate apparently worked for Jarry1250 on December 23 (but he did ask others to try it out), so he closed T125743. I did not try it out. I took it that all outstanding SVGTranslate bugs had been resolved, so I boldly but perhaps incorrectly closed T94433.

This bug may be a dup of T94433 that arose before the Intuition edit taking a method private caused problems.

This is unrelated to the TranslateSvg extension hence removing tag.

I tried to translate many files but they all give the same error. for example: Atmosphere3.svg

Nitrogen
חנקן
78.08%
78.08%
Oxygen
חמצן
20.95%
20.95%
Argon
ארגון
0.93%
0.93%
Xenon
קסנון
0.000009%
0.000009%
Neon
נאון
0.0018%
0.0018%
Hydrogen
מימן
0.00005%
0.00005%
Helium
הליום
0.0005%
0.0005%
Krypton
קריפטון
0.0001%
0.0001%
Carbon dioxide
פחמן דו-חמצני
0.038%
0.038%

The language is hebrew

Anybody? I really want to use this tool.

Apologies, I work fulltime during the week so I'm not always around to respond to Phab comments. I can take a look now though.

Jarry1250 added a comment.EditedJan 15 2017, 4:26 PM

Should be fixed in https://github.com/Jarry1250/labs-svgtranslate/commit/5ec5b5e4e0224c32fc349d159c7eaf02cc333290 and upstream commit https://github.com/MW-Peachy/Peachy/commit/e305a4fb4d9b67005c289d154a49a6e4897ade0f

Test file is at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Atmosphere3_he.svg -- you'll probably want to change the attribution to you!

Thanks for reporting -- obviously hasn't worked for a while.

Jarry1250 closed this task as Resolved.Jan 15 2017, 4:45 PM

Thank you very much!