This is the second half of T155053. Basically, the 404 error page in mobile front end has a very short HTML where the <html> tag lacks the 'lang' and 'dir' attributes, and the HTML also lacks the <meta charset...> tag. These should be added so that the 404 message is well-formed and shown correctly in RTL wikis.
This is because it invokes a 404 using wfHttpError
This should be updated to do things the MediaWiki way™
- Use $this->getOutput()->setStatusCode( 404 );
- Use $this->getOutput()->addHTML
- Show a less generic error on bad contributions link. Suggested text below
Suggested error text for contributions 404
- Heading: Bad username given
- Description: Cannot look for contributions without a user or with a user that does not exist.