Page MenuHomePhabricator

Special:Version not showing SHA info for Mediawiki version on fr.wikisource
Closed, InvalidPublic


The new Mediawiki-Wikisource version updated today in has no build code.
The previous was : Mediawiki-Wikisource 1.29.0-wmf.7 (rMWca362d6df08b).
This post is out of scope. But I don't know where to report that.

Event Timeline

Rical created this task.Jan 18 2017, 11:02 AM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptJan 18 2017, 11:02 AM
TTO triaged this task as Low priority.Jan 19 2017, 6:48 AM
TTO edited projects, added Wikimedia-General-or-Unknown; removed MediaWiki-General.
TTO added a subscriber: TTO.

Soon after this was filed, I checked Special:Version on frwikisource, and the SHA was indeed missing - it just had 1.29.0-wmf.7. The issue has gone away now that frwikisource is on wmf.8, but I'll leave this open for now just as a reminder to keep an eye on this.

Aklapper renamed this task from Mediawiki-Wikisource version updated to Special:Version not showing SHA info for Mediawiki version on fr.wikisource.Jan 19 2017, 6:43 PM
Rical added a comment.Jan 21 2017, 7:40 AM

When I recorded the bug T122752, I was not able to say when it appeared. Then I included in my code

if == "1.29.0-wmf.8 (a60b7fe)"

and a display of a red error each time the version change, each 5 - 10 minutes when I try my code.
In local I also record Special:version of all previous versions from 2016-06-19:
20170119-23:36 : Mediawiki-Wikisource 1.29.0-wmf.8 (rMWa60b7fe6f5e9)UTC-20170117-21:39.html
20170108-19:38 : Mediawiki-Wikisource 1.29.0-wmf.7 (rMWca362d6df08b)UTC-20170106-14:47.html
20170105-21:33 : Mediawiki-Wikisource 1.29.0-wmf.7 (rMW8f47c69aed05)UTC-20170105-15:11.html

Rical added a comment.Jan 21 2017, 9:04 AM

We could imagine a new test case for jenkins-bot which checks the version in Mediawiki:Version and compares it with the previous one.
For 1.29.0-wmf.7 (rMW8f47c69aed05) : 1, 29, 0, and 7 follow digital coherent cycles and in parentheses 7 new alphanumeric chars.

Rical added a comment.Apr 7 2017, 8:21 PM

Another change in theécial:Version display:

Seb35 added a subscriber: Seb35.Sep 15 2017, 12:08 PM
Seb35 added a comment.Oct 7 2017, 10:12 AM

I observed on my wikis that the SHAs were sometimes missing. In my case it was because I use to run git gc, and during this operation the references are packed together in the file .git/packed-refs and MediaWiki didn’t read this file. I proposed a patch in T155747 to implement this feature (rMW125f832) and it was merged and deployed on Wikimedia some days ago.

I’m not sure if the issue you observed was caused by a git gc, anyway could you observe in the following days/weeks if there is still the issue, and close it if it does no more happen (it can always be reopened if it reappears later).

Rical added a comment.Oct 29 2017, 9:08 AM

@Seb35: From 2016-06-19, I look at mw version number each day or about.
The last non standard was "MediaWiki_1.29/wmf.19" on 2017-04-07.

I am very far to know if .git/packed-refs can or not insure a better stability on the display of this version number.

Rical added a comment.Jan 12 2018, 8:02 AM

in theécial:Version
At the same UTC time : 2018-01-12T07:43:00 there two different values:

I try to fast form a dedicated test.

Rical added a comment.EditedJan 12 2018, 9:17 AM

The test is in
But the bug has already disappeared.
Sorry for this time. This is ready for next cases.

I don't see a bug, but different results of caching. Plus these last comments sound unrelated to the actual topic of this task.

Kizule closed this task as Invalid.Feb 16 2020, 3:21 AM
Kizule added a subscriber: Kizule.

When I go on Special:Version page on I don't see this problem anymore.

I think that this should be closed as invalid. If someone can reproduce this still, be free to reopen. Thanks!