I know dumps are being re-written but it's taking several years so in the mean time, it would be great to have small enhancements (low hanging fruits) to the current system:
- UI. It's so 1990s. Please have something a little bit prettier.
- Make it faster and nimble:
- Remove Yahoo! summaries: For example it's 38 GBs for Wikidata and it slows down the whole process of generating dumps for all wikis. The Yahoo! itself is about to die and I don't know why we keep doing this.
- Keep one compression method and abandon the other. Why we build two dumps one for 7z and one for bz2?
- Notifications: I would love to receive an email once the monthly dump of Wikidata is done so I can run some checks and fix it on-wiki. (Note: It's possible and now documented