If the plan below works for the Language team (@santhosh), then I'll plan on doing this work mid-day (UTC+1) 23 January.
- Switch DNS to point at new-deploy-test
- Check with Language team to make sure it works
- legacy api will still be in place
- Destroy legacy instance due to low resources in labs project
- Build new instance and deploy
- should take no more than an hour, probably closer to 20 min
- Switch DNS to point at new instance
- Verify everything is working
After, the Language team can switch over to the new API at their convenience.